When it comes to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, the term “knowledge is power” has never had more meaning. For your convenience the East Central Florida Memory Disorder Clinic has put together a list of some of the most frequently requested and used caregiver resources available. These resources include a wide range of topics & links to organizations that specialize in Alzheimer’s related issues and caregiver support.
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Alzheimer’s Weekly online magazine
- Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration
- Dana Alliance
- Florida Dept. of Elder Affairs
- Lewy Body Dementia Association
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Silver Alert
- State of Florida Brain Bank
- State of Florida Memory Disorder Clinics
Self-Test for Family Caregivers
As a family caregiver, you are responsible for at least two people: the person you are caring for and yourself. Keeping healthy and positive about your situation are important for everybody’s well-being.
By taking this brief test, you may gain insight into your caregiving situation and the guidance needed to plan for the care of your loved one. After you complete all three parts, check your answers with the scoring key.