An acute short-term voluntary program for older adults in need of a secure, therapeutic environment with 24-hour supervision. Patients admitted to the inpatient unit exhibit severe symptoms, which may include one of more of the following:
- Self-injurious thoughts or behaviors
- Severe agitation and/or
- Destructive behavior
- Severe anxiety
- Acute depressive episodes
- Failure to thrive
- Delusions and/or hallucinations
This voluntary inpatient program is designed to return patients to their optimal level of functioning through an intensive, structured, physician-supervised environment.
- Psychiatric and physical assessment
- 24-hour nursing and medical support
- Individual and group therapy
- Family education and support
- Medication stabilization and management
- Comprehensive discharge planning
- Coordination of follow up care
You are not alone.
Depression and other emotional illnesses are a significant problem in older adults.
National statistics show that one in four older adults suffer from serious emotional difficulties.
- Depressed older adults have the highest risk of suicide in our society.
19 million people will suffer from depression at one time in their lives. Of these, 80 to 90% can be effectively treated.
Health First's Senior Behavioral Wellness understands the needs of older adults and is here to help. Please call for information on how you can start feeling better today.
Average length of stay is 10 to 14 days. For information or services call toll free 855.892.9007
- No referral needed
- Admissions are accepted 24-hours a day
- All information is confidential
For more information, please click the following: